My Child Has Braces, But Do I Need Orthodontic Treatment?
Orthodontic treatment may be considered an adolescent endeavor best undertaken early in life, but that is more of a perception than it is a reality. More than 20 percent of people in America being treated for orthodontic issues are actually adults. Dr. Ashley Reynolds treats her adult patients near Brighton, MI, successfully with a variety of orthodontic treatment approaches.
Orthodontic treatment not only improves your smile cosmetically, it can also improve your overall dental health. Many people don’t realize this and they think orthodontics is simply for cosmetic purposes. Orthodontic treatments with Dr. Ashley Reynolds can improve your oral health by aligning the teeth and making brushing and flossing easier, which increases your dental health and brightens your smile.
What can orthodontics do for you?
If you are wondering if you might be a candidate for orthodontic treatment, check the list below to see if you may have any of the following common problems/conditions:
- Crossbite: Teeth (or tooth) have more lingual positioning than the corresponding teeth above or below it; when the upper and lower teeth aren’t correctly aligned.
- Crowding: Teeth do not seem to fit in their space; leads to rotated teeth and displacement.
- Spacing: Teeth have too much space; leads to gaps in the smile and widely spaced teeth.
- Open Bite: Front teeth (both upper and lower) are forced outward; upper and lower teeth don’t touch each other when the mouth is closed.
- Deep Bite: Upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth almost completely; associated with jaw-joint problems, pain, and overall poor dental health.
- Protrusion: Upper front teeth stick out (protrude); sometimes the result of thumb sucking and often referred to as “buck teeth.”
- Underbite: Lower teeth and jaw protrude out in front of the upper teeth.
Do I need to see an orthodontist?
Dr. Ashley Reynolds restores her patients to a healthy smile and a functional bite. By using the latest orthodontic treatment technology, the highly experienced staff at Crescent Orthodontics treats their patients with sensitivity and enthusiasm. They can solve orthodontic issues like these above and give patients a healthy, functional, and beautiful smile.
Crescent Orthodontics near Brighton, MI, is dedicated to helping patients achieve a beautiful, functional, and healthy smile that they will love! Visit the team at Crescent Orthodontics to find if you’re a candidate for treatment and all of your options, such as traditional metal braces, clear braces, Invisalign, and more!
Whether you are considering cosmetic orthodontics, or if you are looking into orthodontic treatment near Brighton, MI for better oral health, Dr. Ashley Reynolds is THE orthodontist to see for your smile at Crescent Orthodontics! The only way to know for sure if you are a candidate for orthodontics treatment is by coming in for your complimentary consultation with Dr. Ashley Reynolds. Call now to reserve your complimentary consultation at 248.437.3377.
Tags: Adult braces Brighton MI